[Slackbuilds-users] system/worker.SlackBuild

B Kirkpatrick bkirkpatrick at texanahsi.net
Mon Dec 18 04:56:07 UTC 2006

Today I downloaded & ran the system/worker script. The first time I ran
the script, it errored on me, saying that in line 81,
/tmp/SBo/package-worker/usr/doc/worker- was a directory. I could not get
"cat $CWD/$PRGNAM.SlackBuild > $PKG/usr/doc/$PRGNAM-$PKGVERSION" to work
in that line. I changed it to "cp $CWD/$PRGNAM.SlackBuild
$PKG/usr/doc/$PRGNAM-$PKGVERSION" & it created a package. However, the
name of the doc subdir was wrong. It was "/usr/doc/worker-/", instead of
"/usr/doc/worker-2.13.1/". this was caused by the use of the $PKGVERSION
variable in lines 50, 77, 80 & 81. The variable PKGVERSION is never
defined in the script. Changing all instances of $PKGVERSION to $VERSION
corrected that problem. After I made the above corrections, thus getting
the script to work, I downloaded the SlackBuild again in order to verify
results for this email. This time it didn't error in line 81, but
neither did it put the SlackBuild in the doc subdir. Changing "cat" to
"cp" & deleting the ">" as above fixed that. I'm surprised that this
hasn't been caught earlier, this is a three month old script & not too
shabby a file manager. I think I can get some milage out of it.
Regards,
Bill

--
There is no character, howsoever good and fine, but it can be destroyed by ridicule, howsoever poor and witless. Observe the ass, for instance: his character is about perfect, he is the choicest spirit among all the humbler animals, yet see what ridicule has brought him to. Instead of feeling complimented when we are called an ass, we are left in doubt.
Mark Twain in Puddn'head Wilson