[Slackbuilds-users] Description's in repository @Ezra

Alan Hicks alan at lizella.net
Tue Jul 11 23:13:31 UTC 2006

Robby Workman wrote:
> This may be more trouble than it's worth

It probably is. :^)

> but how feasible would it be
> to display a description of each application in the Category directory
> listings?  For example, Category "Academic" currently contains calcoo,
> chemtool, octave, and xdrawchem.  I'm picturing it displayed something
> like this:
>
>     calcoo        scientific calculator
>     chemtool    molecular diagramming app
>     octave        MatLab clone
>     xdrawchem    molecular diagramming app
>
> I'm not sure what else this would require

Pat does this exact same thing on the installation CDs.  Inside each
disk set directory is a maketag shell script that lists the packages
(minus version, arch, and build information) with a short discription on
the RHS.  I think this is probably the easiest way to do this, but
probably too much work.

In fact, I'm moderately concerned that we are overcomplicating our
problems and focusing too much on making some cool database searchable
stuff and not so focused on making buildscripts.

Ecclesiastes 7:5