[Slackbuilds-users] Questions

Martin Lefebvre dadexter at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 17:32:13 UTC 2006

On 7/28/06, Erik Hanson <erik at slackbuilds.org> wrote:

> Some logic needs to be used here, as the original intent of the .info
> metadata file was in the event that a ports-like system is created.
> Importing the metadata into the DB came later, but it's more important
> now, in my opinion.
>
> I can't imagine creating an array, as this event should be very rare. I
> also take some issue with not separating plugin packages from the main
> application package.
>
> If the general consensus is to allow something like this to happen (it
> will be VERY seldom, take that into consideration) then I propose another
> optional variable in the .info file.

The best example that comes to mind: gift
Each plugin is separated in different source packages.

--
Martin Lefebvre
eMail: dadexter at gmail.com

WWW: http://sigterm.homeunix.com
Registered Linux #349269

"Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to
be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch
out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do
something incredibly... stupid."