[Slackbuilds-users] mplayerplug-in

Eric Hameleers e.hameleers at chello.nl
Mon Apr 2 06:42:32 UTC 2007

alkos333 wrote:
> Rob,
>
> I would personally base this decision on the number of inquires you get
> regarding the plug-ins required by the package.  If there is a good
> number of people, I would consider mentioning it in the README.  If not,
> I would leave it as it is.
>

> Best Regards,
> Alex
>
> On 4/2/07, *Robby Workman* <rworkman at slackbuilds.org
> <mailto:rworkman at slackbuilds.org>> wrote:
>
>     Daniel de Kok wrote:
>     > On Sun, March 25, 2007 8:41 pm, Robby Workman wrote:
>     >> As solved on the irc channel, the solution is to install the
>     >> seamonkey package.  No development headers are included with
>     >> the stock Firefox package.
>     >
>     > Maybe we should add a note to the README file (if it's not already
>     noted
>     > there)?
>
>     I don't know - it's been customary to assume that the user has the
>     full package set from official Slackware, and I personally am very
>     hesitant to open the door to mentioning requirements that are part
>     of Slackware.  What do you guys think - is this one worth an
>     exception?

I am against listing requirements that are fulfilled by doing a full
Slackware install.
If you do not install all Slackware packages and build 3rd party
software from source you should always be prepared to check missing
dependencies yourself.

Eric

--
Eric Hameleers
Email: alien at slackware.com
Jabber: alien at jabber.xs4all.nl
Gpg fingerprint: F2CE 1B92 EE1F 2C0C E97E  581E 5E56 AAAF A75C BDA0