[Slackbuilds-users] snort needs update?

Bob Beers bob.beers at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 15:23:40 UTC 2007

Hi List,

I'm new here, (first post), so forgive me if I'm violating protocol.

I am about to build snort for my Slack 11, and I found your site, very nice.

Just one problem: <http://snort.org/dl/> says,

"Snort DCE/RPC Security Issue: A remotely exploitable vulnerability
exists in Snort 2.6.1, 2.6.1.1, 2.6.1.2, and 2.7 beta 1. Users are
advised to immediately upgrade to 2.6.1.3 or take mitigating steps.
Please read the following advisory for more information. "

2.6.1.4 is current.  2.6.1.2 is in
 <http://www.slackbuilds.org/repository/network/snort/>

I will try make the necessary mods to the build script I downloaded, and
 get the latest snort source, of course, before I build my own package
 of snort.  But I wonder, is this an acceptable method for passing on
 this kind of info?

-Bob