[Slackbuilds-users] couple questions

Aleksandar B. Samardzic asamardzic at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 12:15:52 UTC 2007

Got some questions regarding creating build scripts:

1. What would be the best way to handle the software which source code
is available trough CVS only?

2. What would be the best way to report changes needed for build
scripts (and links from SB.o site) when new package version appears
(for example, current SQLite version is 3.4.1, containing some rather
important updates, while build script, and link from SB.o site, point
to version 3.3.14) - to ask for change on this list, to send patch, or
something else?

3. Is there an example of build script for a CMake based package in
one of existing SB.o build scripts?

4. There are lots of build scripts here:
http://www.slackware.com/~alien/slackbuilds/, some of which are not
available here at SB.o, so - are there any plans to integrate these
(for example, I would be very interested in Boost build script
available from SB.o, but I see no point in creating another script,
when one is available at
http://www.slackware.com/~alien/slackbuilds/boost/)?

Thanks.