[Slackbuilds-users] Copy SlackBuild README to app docs

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Wed Dec 12 15:54:17 UTC 2007

Phillip Warner wrote:
> I think it would be a great idea to modify the SlackBuild template so
> that the SlackBuild README file is copied to docs/app/README.SlackBuild.
>
> It might even be a good idea for there to be a folder (perhaps names
> app.SlackBuild) containing all the SlackBuild files.  That way, someone
> who uses a package that was created using a SlackBuild  will have the
> complete file set.  The README is particularly important.

In cases where the README is important enough to be part of the
package, we tend to install it to the docs directory with a name
of README.Slackware or some sort.

I personally don't see much benefit on our end of including all
the build files in the package - we're not providing these scripts
with the intent of a base for others to redistribute packages from
them -- while that's certainly acceptable, it's up to the person
doing the redistributing to provide full sources and build tools
for the distributed packages.

-RW