[Slackbuilds-users] Slack 12 libgnomecups pkg has no more than a docs folder

Alan C acummingsus at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 21:28:40 UTC 2007

On Dec 18, 2007 10:09 AM, <dadexter at slackadelic.com> wrote:

> <snip cups works but yes there were two symlinks missing so yes the
> install of cups was indeed the problem>
>

> well, something is wrong with the install, because I have built
> libgnomecups recently without any problems... I do not know what the
> problem is,

(in this thread) 4 or 5 or so replies back, the prob got fixed via a
reinstall of cups pkg

> but I'm pretty sure it's not the script... ever ran ldconfig?

runs lots.  not the prob.

next is taken from former posts to this thread (a reinstall of cups fixes
for the two missing symlinks, and did *fixed* the prob.)

> root at AB60R:/home/al/install/pkgs_sw12/abiword_n_dep_libs# ls
> /usr/lib/libcups*
> /usr/lib/libcups.so.2*  /usr/lib/libcupsimage.so.2*
> root at AB60R:/home/al/install/pkgs_sw12/abiword_n_dep_libs#

I have 4 files:
/usr/lib/libcups.so    /usr/lib/libcupsimage.so
/usr/lib/libcups.so.2  /usr/lib/libcupsimage.so.2

you are missing libcups.so and libcupsimage.so.

the ones you have missing are symlinks... as I'm pretty sure you don't run
ls in a way to not display symlinks, I would recommend reinstalling cups,
just so the symlinks are created properly

A reinstall of the cups pkg fixed the prob.

--
Alan.