[Slackbuilds-users] Bug in Recoll Version 1.10.0 when used without Exiftool

B tptagth at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 19 20:10:47 UTC 2007

Hi Robby,

Just to clarify before I do anything...

When I update the README for Recoll I'll simply add
the following under "Optional":
ExifTool
(http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/)

I've cc'd this to the Maintainer of the Recoll
SlackBuild script to let her/him know why I will add
that information about ExifTool.

I'd love to do a SlackBuild for ExifTool.  If, for
whatever reason I'm not able to do it I'll email the
group by 12/24.

The README for ExifTool will be along the lines of:
ExifTool is a platform-independent Perl library plus a
command-line application for reading, writing and
editing meta information in image, audio and video
files. ExifTool supports many different types of
metadata including EXIF, GPS, IPTC, XMP, JFIF,
GeoTIFF, ICC Profile, Photoshop IRB, FlashPix, AFCP
and ID3, as well as the maker notes of many digital
cameras by Canon, Casio, FujiFilm, HP, JVC/Victor,
Kodak, Leaf, Minolta/Konica-Minolta, Nikon,
Olympus/Epson, Panasonic/Leica, Pentax/Asahi, Ricoh,
Sanyo, Sigma/Foveon and Sony.

Please just confirm that what I've written above is
what you said I could do.

Thanks!

~Brian