[Slackbuilds-users] dspam SlackBuild

Adis Nezirovic adis at linux.org.ba
Tue Feb 13 22:51:19 UTC 2007

As I promised on IRC a few days ago, here is first dspam build
script. (If you don't know what dspam is, please check
http://dspam.nuclearelephant.com; in short, it is very fast and acurate
spam filter).

dspam usually has two usage scenarios, "home" use, when you filter email
just before it drops into your mailbox, and "server" use, when filtering
is done on your (ISPs) server.

This first build is just for "home" flavor. I need someone to test it
with KMail for example. (KMail is really nice, since you can pipe your
emails to external commands; check train.sh in contrib directory for
sample "training" script)

Since I use dspam on servers too, there will be "server" flavor (with
support for mysql, postgresql backends), webui, and instructions for
sendmail and postfix ...

Offtopic, dspam is probably the best spam filter currently available,
you just need to train in patiently (speed up the process with
dspam_train!)