[Slackbuilds-users] problem compiling mplayer

Eric Hameleers e.hameleers at chello.nl
Sat Feb 17 20:03:35 UTC 2007

Martin Ivanov wrote:
> Hello! I am running Slackware Linux 11.0 with kernel 2.6.18. I cannot compile mplayer because of the following error:
>
> x264.c: In function `X264_init':
> x264.c:149: error: structure has no member named `f_rf_constant'
> make[1]: *** [x264.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/SBo/MPlayer-1.0rc1/libavcodec'
> make: *** [libavcodec/libavcodec.a] Error 2
>
> The same error also occurs  when I do not use the script but manually compile.
>
> Any ideas will be appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Martin

MPlayer has problems compiling against certain versions of x264. Try
to add this to the 'configure' command in the SlackBuild script:

  --disable-x264

Because it looks like you have this encoder installed, you will have
to explicitly disable it or MPLayer will try to link against it.

Eric.

--

Eric Hameleers                     >')
ICQ: 151799386                     ( \