[Slackbuilds-users] MPlayer.SlackBuild

Niki Kovacs contact at kikinovak.net
Fri Feb 23 15:06:43 UTC 2007

Hi,

I just built MPlayer, and I have a suggestion for that. In the current
state of things, the GUI version lacks a Skin and fonts. Well, read the
README, I hear you say... but I'd suggest to include these in the
sources to have at least *one* version that works out of the box.

I went to mplayerhq.hu, browsed through the 30 or 40 skins, chose one,
then looked for fonts... in vain, since mplayerhq.hu doesn't seem to
provide them anymore... so I remembered that rlworkman.net had at least
one set of fonts in stock...

Well, you get the picture. As for choosing some default skin, I'd say:
choose something sensible. Like Blue, phony, Corelian, WMP6 or
xmmplayer. These are all rather intuitive and neutral-looking. Then, if
people want their video player look like a puking alien with psoriasis,
they can always do that.

What do you think?

Cheers,

Niki

PS: the script defaults to plastic and Quicksilver... maybe you intended
to include them... but just forgot?