[Slackbuilds-users] MPlayer.SlackBuild

Eric Hameleers alien at slackbuilds.org
Fri Feb 23 19:35:17 UTC 2007

Niki Kovacs wrote:
> Eric Hameleers a écrit :
>
>>Look at how
>>http://www.slackware.com/~alien/slackbuilds/MPlayer/build/MPlayer.SlackBuild
>>handles the langages, as well as adding a TTF font for the OSD.
>>As for the menu, I recall that for that to work, you have to have have
>>libdvdnav installed, I tried it but as a menu system it sucks. MPlayer
>>was never designed for a menu overlay and it will probably not get better.
>

> This is a misunderstanding. --enable-menu does NOT concern the DVD
> navigation menus. It's the OSD (On Screen Display, showing various
> information (time, remaining time, volume, ...) on the screen. It's
> comparable to XOSD used with XMMS.

You're right - the DVD naviagation menu is automatically built when
libdvdnav is detected on the system. It actually looks like a good
idea to add "--with-menu" - I start wondering why it is disabled by
default? Any known issues?

Cheers, Eric

--
Eric Hameleers
Email: alien at slackware.com
Jabber: alien at jabber.xs4all.nl
Gpg fingerprint: F2CE 1B92 EE1F 2C0C E97E  581E 5E56 AAAF A75C BDA0