[Slackbuilds-users] Checking Dependencies

Lehman Black dosnlinux at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 23:27:15 UTC 2007

The Slackware package manager doesn't have any dependency checking built in.
The usual way a user discovers a program's dependencies is by visiting that
program's web site. Or if they are compiling a package, the build process
will usually fail in the configure stage with something like "can't find
package X"

If you want dependency checking there are a couple of projects that add it
to the Slackware package manager. you might have a look at swaret or
slapt-get. freshmeat.net also has some different package managers for
Slackware.