[Slackbuilds-users] Thanks!

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Sat Feb 24 06:42:27 UTC 2007

Niki Kovacs wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I just want to write you all a simple "thank you" for slackbuilds.org.
> This new archive makes my work *much* easier. I'm currently putting
> together a simple (some would say "idiot-proof") XFCE-based desktop for
> a massive install in public libraries, computer  rooms, town hall
> offices, etcetera, and I increasingly rely on your scripts, since -
> contrary to other package or build script download sites - they all work
> out of the box.

Thanks for the nice words and (more importantly) for pointing out
potential bugs/issues that you run across as you use our stuff.

> I have a bit of a deadline here, so my work happens a bit in a rush. But
> as soon as I am finished here, in a matter of a few weeks, I'll put
> together my own scripts (like: minimal set of GNOME libs, various
> multimedia plugins, ...), check them for SBo-compliance and submit them.

That sounds good!

FWIW, I'm sure Rich would greatly appreciate it if you would work out
all the kinks in building gnucash  :)   That's one we'd like to have
around here anyway...

RW