[Slackbuilds-users] Problems with g-wrap-1.9.6

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Feb 26 01:09:11 UTC 2007

On Sun, 25 Feb 2007, Robby Workman wrote:

> I'm curious as to why you need/want to link anything in usr/local, because
> /if you're working with packaged software, then everything should be in
> /usr.

Robby,

   From g-wrap.SlackBuild:

CFLAGS="$SLKCFLAGS" \
CXXFLAGS="$SLKCFLAGS" \
./configure \
   --prefix=/usr \
   --sysconfdir=/etc \
   --localstatedir=/var

   When I built it manually, I used the same prefix, yet 'locate g-wrap'
finds it in:

/usr/local/bin/g-wrap-config
/usr/local/share/guile/site/g-wrap
/usr/local/include/g-wrap

   Part of the problem is that here, glib.h is in /usr/include/glib-2.0/ and
configure (or make) is looking in /usr/include/glib/ which does not exist.

   So, I modified configure.ac to reflect that directory name and ran
autoconf. Then re-ran g-wrap.SlackBuild. Perhaps I also need to export an
addendum to PKG_CONFIG_PATH because now make still fails in finding glib.h.
What a PITA.

Rich