[Slackbuilds-users] Intro (again, somewhat)

Niki Kovacs contact at kikinovak.net
Fri Jul 20 07:22:51 UTC 2007

Hi gang,

Most of you already know me from AOLS. I haven't given sign of life for
a while, that's because I had a series of tasks to perform in my
sysadmin job (I manage server and clients in public libraries and town
halls in small cities and villages around here). I've been struggling to
get my sheep together (as we say here) with various distros, I had a few
finalists, I finally chose CentOS 5.0 for the job, but Slackware was a
close second. (Maybe Slack 12.0 would have been number one, but it
wasn't out then...)

Anyway, once a Slacker, always a Slacker. I'll always keep a warm place
for it in a corner of my heart. But not only in a corner. It's
definitely the way to go with hardware that's a little bit older.

I'm currently going through some SlackBuilds here, and I want to point
out two minor flaws.

The source links for libgnomecanvas and gdm don't point to the tarball,
but only to the directory containing them. (Well, that's really a very
minor flaw...) Maybe you could be more precise about that. When I lynx
into the directory, I first have to wonder: now which one is it?

Cheers,

Niki