[Slackbuilds-users] Wrong symlink in wxGTK

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Sun Jun 17 20:56:50 UTC 2007

Iskar Enev wrote:

> I had to recompile wxGTK a few days ago and noticed that the script
> produces a wrong symlink.
>
> In fact, the command has to be "ln -sf
> /usr/lib/wx/config/gtk2-ansi-release-2.6 wx-config" as in the Eric's
> slackbuild.

Is this in our current wxGTK script?

# Now let's fix the broken symlink created by the package
cd $PKG/usr/bin
  rm wx-config
  if [ "$UNICODE" = "YES" ]; then
    ln -s ../lib/wx/config/gtk2-unicode-release-2.6 wx-config
  elif [ "$UNICODE" = "NO" ]; then
    ln -s ../lib/wx/config/gtk2-ansi-release-2.6 wx-config
  fi
cd -

Does that not work properly?  As I understand it, the symlink
should point to the "unicode" binary if the unicode build is
enabled, and to the "ansi" binary otherwise.  I guess what I'm
asking is this?  Should the link be pointing to the "ansi"
binary regardless?  What else will/can this break?  I'm very
reluctant to do thing different from what upstream does unless
there's a compelling reason - the only reason we had to "fix"
the symlink is because it links inside the $PKG directory (but
the "ansi" or "unicode" part is otherwise the same).

I'm working on this for 12.0rc1 now, so if someone can enlighten
me on this, I'd appreciate it...

RW