[Slackbuilds-users] Useful Aliases

alkos333 me at alkos333.net
Sun Mar 25 18:22:48 UTC 2007

Hello Slack Builders,

I found myself typing long command sequences every time I needed to download
a source package, or check md5 of a package, so decided to define the
following aliases:

alias sb_dl='wget `grep ^D *.info | cut -d= -f2`'
alias sb_chk='[ `grep ^M *.info | cut -d= -f2` = `md5sum *.tar.* | cut -c
-32` ]; echo $?'

In the second alias, I'm concerned with the "*.tar.*" part, which will fail
in case other patches or third party packages were included in the
SlackBuild like here:

http://www.slackbuilds.org/repository/multimedia/MPlayer/

One solution could be to use a name of the current pwd or use a value of
PRGNAM variable defined in *.info.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,
Alex