[Slackbuilds-users] Creating SlackBuilds for perl modules?

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Mon May 14 05:18:10 UTC 2007

Halim Issa wrote:
> List,
>
> In trying to create a SlackBuild for amavisd-new, I've come across a multitude
> of perl-module dependencies.
> Is there a recommended way of creating SlackBuilds for these perl modules, or
> am I missing something really basic here, not having come across this
> elsewhere before..

As Eric suggested, cpan2tgz is a great resource -- if your only
interest is building packages of whatever it is that needs them to
compile.  However, if you're intending to submit the build script to
us, and it requires those perl modules to build, then you'll also need
to submit scripts for each of the perl modules.

Do a search in the repo for perl to see some of the existing ones we
already have - they should give you some pointers.

RW