[Slackbuilds-users] libcddb and libcdio: circular build dependencies

Niki Kovacs contact at kikinovak.net
Fri Oct 5 16:22:58 UTC 2007

Eric Hameleers (SBo) a écrit :

> Well that README was the basis for my lines in the vlc script:
>
> # Circular dependencies need these loops:
> make_cdio --without-vcd-info || exit 1
> make_vcd || exit 1
> make_cdio || exit 1
>
> If you want to make a standalone package for cdio, you will indeed
> have to build vcd and cdio into a temporary directory and point your
> compiler and linker to that path when building the final cdio package.
>
> Pat does basically the same with pine/imapd.

Yeah I finally understood that. And about half an hour ago, I decided -
finally - to keep your statically linked build. Since I would only need
the whole load of multimedia libs for transcode, I think I can make my
life a whole lot easier by using HandBrake, which builds fine on
Slackware and offers the convenience of building all the dependencies
linked statically. It's not the most elegant solution, but it works very
well.

cheers,

Niki

PS: thanks Eric for your script repo at slackware.com! I've been on it