[Slackbuilds-users] building Enlightenment and the two dependencies not listed

Aleksandar B. Samardzic asamardzic at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 06:39:11 UTC 2007

On 10/12/07, B <tptagth at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> RE: Enlightenment
>
> The Enlightenment page indicates it's dependent upon
> the ecore and efreet packages.
>
> I just installed it.  In my case it was also dependent
> on both edje and embryo, too.
> The other dependencies didn't point to edje (which is
> dependent on the embryo package).
>
> Also, I think the MD5SUM for edje may be incorrect.
> The webpage indicates that the Source MD5SUM for edje
> is 3b16eff94bea6082c36b399235dc6bf
> When I do the MD5SUM I get,
> 3b16eff94bea6082c36b399235dc6bfb
>
> I tried to be as accurate as possible with the above
> information.
>
> Can someone confirm this?

Thanks for both corrections, I just updated archives and uploaded them
to SBo.  The last character was indeed missing in edje MD5 sum.  As
for enlightenment dependencies, these are listed here:
http://www4.get-e.org/E17_User_Guide/English/_pages/3.1.html, and on
the other side there is a diagram of dependencies between all
components of enlightenment here:
http://enlightenment.sourceforge.net/Libraries/images/_images/efl.png.
 I tried to list dependencies according to later, however obviously
when components that are not listed as dependencies in user guide
removed from diagram, it looks like enlightenment is not dependent
upon edje.  So this is why there was omission you noticed, thus I
changed enlightenment package README to list all six dependencies
explicitly.

Regards,
Alex