[Slackbuilds-users] removepkg and hyphens: weird behaviour

Niki Kovacs contact at kikinovak.net
Wed Oct 31 08:52:37 UTC 2007

Hi,

I just noticed something strange. Apparently removepkg doesn't work
correctly when a package name contains three or more hyphens. Usually
it's enough to just give the plain package name as argument to
removepkg, say 'removepkg sqlite' or 'removepkg cups'. But I tried it on
a custom-built package jack-audio-connection-kit, and removepkg tells me
that there is no such package. I could remove the package by changing
into /var/log/packages and giving the full package name
(jack-audio-connection-kit-0.103.0-i486-1_nk) as argument.

Any clues?

Niki