[Slackbuilds-users] Yaz update required for php-yaz

Niki Kovacs contact at kikinovak.net
Sun Sep 30 11:36:12 UTC 2007

Hi,

Our public library management software (PMB) requires a LAMP server with
a handful of more or less exotic PHP modules, php-yaz to name just this
one. Currently our main server is running a stale Debian Sarge, but I'm
busy configuring a new system with Slackware 12.0 to replace it.

Currently, slackbuilds.org has yaz in version 2.1.56. The current stable
version is 3.0.14... but 3.0.2 is required at least to build the php-yaz
module for PHP5.

I just changed the version number in the SlackBuild script and ran it
agains 3.0.14, and it built just fine on a stock - if somewhat
trimmed-down - install.

One other thing: the pecl command won't work for php-yaz, I don't know
why. But I succeeded in building the module manually, so I guess I'll
soon submit a SlackBuild script for it.

Cheers,

Niki
--