[Slackbuilds-users] sbopkg 0.0.5 released

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Sun Apr 6 14:53:48 EDT 2008

Bob Lounsbury wrote:
> I just installed sbopkg on Slackintosh 12.0. Everything seemed to go
> fine and work until I tried to 'create and edit a local slackbuild'.
> Selecting this option takes me to the slackbuild in what looks like
> nano, but strange things are happening. When I try to type my computer
> beeps at me then if I keep pushing a key it allows me to type. If I
> create a line I can't delete it.
>
> The most important thing though is that I don't see any way to exit
> and save my changes. Normally under nano this is a simple ctrl->x, but
> the normal nano menu is not visible. I tried esc, but there is just no
> way to escape and save changes and then build the package with these
> changes. Any suggestions?
>
> Cheers,
> /Bob

sbopkg uses whatever you have set the environmental variable $EDITOR to,
and will fall back to 'vi' if $EDITOR has not been set.  So, to test, I
set root's EDITOR to nano also and it seemed to work fine.  I could edit
SlackBuilds and the little menu at the bottom was there.

Are you doing this as root or regular user?  What is the output of 'echo
$EDITOR' for the user running sbopkg?

I have not tested this on Slackintosh, but I don't see how that could
affect things.

Thanks-
Chess

--