[Slackbuilds-users] libopensync version

Heinz Wiesinger HMWiesinger at gmx.at
Mon Apr 21 16:43:40 UTC 2008

Michael Wagner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> are there any reasons to prefer version 0.36 over 0.22? Upstream
> developers do not recommend it for distribution packaging and it doesn't
> seem to work very well.

I made a build-script for opensync because it was used by kitchensync of KDE4,
which in turn requires version 0.3x of opensync. I haven't been able to test
it so far, but I read on various sites, that opensync generally does not work
that good (currently). The only problem I have encountered is, that barry's
opensync-plugin does only compile with 0.2x.

I just had a quick look at opensync-0.22 and saw that they switched from
autotools (0.2x) to cmake (0.3x), so making the build-script work for both is
unlikely.

Personally, if 0.22 is the stable version and it really does work better, I
have no objections on downgrading.

Any other opinions on that?

Grs,
Heinz