[Slackbuilds-users] Firefox Search Plugin

Phillip Warner pc_warner at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 28 22:11:56 UTC 2008

I've been using the search plugin I found at http://mycroft.mozdev.org/ for a long time (there is only one for slackBuilds.org so it is easy to find), and it worked fine until the recent change to the search page on slackBuilds.org.

It works wonderfully, however, if you simply change a line at the bottom to:

<os:Url type="text/html" method="GET" template="http://slackbuilds.org/result/?sv=12.0&amp;search={searchTerms}">
</os:Url>

You can obviously change 'sv' to whatever slackware version you want (only useful for versions slackBuilds.org supports).

I don't know if Manuel Otto, who made this plugin, got permission to use the slackware image, however.

--phil