[Slackbuilds-users] Problem with Lilypond SlackBuild for 12.1

Robert W. Wendel kf0xb at ImOnMail.com
Tue Aug 19 00:49:42 UTC 2008

Robert W. Wendel wrote:
> Heinz Wiesinger wrote:
>> Robert W. Wendel wrote:
>>
>>>    I don't know where to post this so you see it but I'm having problems
>>> compiling lilypond.  I get a compile error:
>>> WARNING: Please consider installing optional programs:  kpsewhich
>>>
>>> ERROR: Please install required programs:  mf-nowin mf mfw mfont
>>>
>>> See INSTALL.txt for more information on how to build LilyPond
>>>

>> You've found the right place to post this ;)
>>
>> The README of the lilypond.SlackBuild lists fontforge and mftrace as
>> dependencies. Maybe these two are missing
>>

>>>   I thought the stock installation covered the Tex package issues which I
>>> think the above error messages refer to.
>>>

>> the missing apps probably refer to mftrace (just the 'mf' which makes me
>> guess)
>>

>>> SlackBuild script is from SlackBuilds.org
>>>    Was hoping to get rosegarden installed and have been compiling my
>>> way up through the dependency list.  I have a Slackware 12.1 full
>>> installation.
>>> Lilypond It is a complex build, but I thought I had all the dependencies
>>> covered.
>>>

>> lilypond is an optional dependency for rosegarden. If you won't need it,
>> there's no need to compile it now. If you notice later that you do need it,
>> you can add it later too, as it's only a runtime dependency and requires no
>> recompilation of rosegarden.
>>
>> Grs,
>> Heinz

>    I did get mftrace to compile without errors and installed the
> package, but still no lilypond.  Also got rosegarden to compile,
> installed, and I think run ok.  Rosegarden is looking for Jack-Audio
> and Lilypond in the opening dialog screens, however.  Rose is probably
> good enough to play around with for now, but would like to get the
> runtime stuff compiled.
> Thanks for you rapid reply, but was waiting to respond till after
> rosegarden compiled.  Running an old K6-III+ 450hz here so things take
> time here.
> Bob

   A final note:  I solved my lilypond compile problems.  I compile the
SlackBuild as root, and it worked.  I had always did a "SU" to root before.
   Anyway, I now have everything compiled including runtime stuff and a
working copy of Rosegarden.
   Libcap was a problem but we used the 12.0 build, and it seems to
work.  Libcap v2.11 12.1 would not compile on my system.
Question:  I compiled the kernel so that I have this:
$ grep CAPABILITIES /boot/config
CONFIG_SECURITY_CAPABILITIES=y
CONFIG_SECURITY_FILE_CAPABILITIES=y
   Can I remove this from the kernel now that I'm using libcap v1.92 for
Slackware 12.0?
Thanks,
Bob