[Slackbuilds-users] Slackbuild for ATLAS?

João Felipe Santos joao.eel at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 00:44:47 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 8:38 PM, Aleksandar Samardzic
<asamardzic at gmail.com> wrote:

> They (ATLAS guys) used to provide precompiled binaries for several
> types of processors; don't know why this is not the case for the
> latest version, but you could find binaries for the version 3.6.0 at
> SourceForge, and I have one for 3.8.0 and Core 2 Duo (that they
> provided for download once at SourceForge too, but afterwards they
> seem to removed it) saved on my disk, so I could send it to you if you
> wish.  You may also eventually consider Intel MKL, which I could
> confirm is reasonably easy to install (albeit without corresponding
> SlackBuild in existence yet) on Slackware.

Thank you! Found the 3.6.0 binaries and will use it. I've spent a lot
of time trying to compile 3.8.2, but just checked and 3.6.0 will work
for the project I'm working in.

Can we provide a SlackBuild for repackaging these ATLAS binaries on
slackbuilds.org, as it is done for OpenOffice? ATLAS takes a lot of
time for compiling by hand, so I think this can justify the use of a
binary.

-- João