[Slackbuilds-users] Freeze on New Submissions to Prepare for 12.2

Aleksandar Samardzic asamardzic at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 08:38:24 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 6:22 AM, Robby Workman <rworkman at slackbuilds.org> wrote:

>>   development/boost-bindings - the package is dependent on some kind
>> of BLAS/LAPACK battery installed, but no SlackBuild exists at the
>> moment for these:
>
> Hrm, those sound familiar; I think we have that - maybe ladspa or
> whatever it's called now??

No - BLAS and LAPACK are numeric (linear algebra, more precisely)
packages, unrelated to the audio stuff; as mentioned recently on this
list, scripts for BLAS and LAPACK may be on its way soon, but still
I'd suggest temporarily removal of the boost-bindings script.

>> Following script should not be moved into 12.2 repository, because
>> corresponding packages are in -current, and I won't update SlackBuilds
>> for these anymore:
>>   development/sip
>>   libraries/pyqt4
>>   libraries/qt4
>
> We're keeping all three of these, even if that means one of us has to
> take over maintenance.  The /testing tree won't be part of 12.2.

None of these should require much care (at least until Qt 4.5
eventually released), except for the eventual version bumps.  The only
small issue with sip and pyqt4 is that source tarballs of the older
versions are usually not readily accessible once when the new version
released.

>>   libraries/OpenSceneGraph
>
> Not sure about this one - David?
>
>  [ ... ]
>
>>   libraries/osggis
>
> Not sure about this one either.

OpenSceneGraph is 3D graphics toolkit, and osggis is the plugin for
manipulating GIS (geographic information systems) data from within the
OpenSceneGraph.  The toolkit is rather nice, but it may be problematic
to keep the script without a dedicated maninainer, as the rate of
development is hectic, thus usually there exist lots of changes
between versions...

Regards,
Alex