[Slackbuilds-users] Directory Structure Question

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Dec 12 21:33:08 UTC 2008

   I'm reading the docs on how to write a SlackBuild script and I am puzzled
by statements on the directory structure page. The implication is that the
source for all contents of the distribution cdrom disks need to be installed
on the hard drive in order to build a package for an application not
included in the distribution. Is this true? If so, why?

   Having the kernel source available makes sense to me, but the source for
everything doesn't make the same sense.

   Please clarify.

Thanks,

Rich