[Slackbuilds-users] Awesome 3 slackbuild

João Felipe Santos joao.eel at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 17:50:47 UTC 2008

Hello,

I just created, based on Chess Griffin's SlackBuild, a SlackBuild for
Awesome 3.1, the new stable version. I know that many users don't want
to upgrade because lots of things changed, like config files and all,
but I use it everyday, it is very stable. So, I thought it could be
useful for other users. There are some inconveniences:

- The package name is still awesome (oh, really?). I thought that we
could name it "awesome3" to reflect this difference and keep both
packages on SlackBuilds.org;
- Awesome 3 needs Cairo compiled with the flag --enable-xcb. I added
in a note to README specifying it. Don't know if this is really a
problem.

In case everybody thinks this is a bad idea, no problem. Just wanted
to hear what you think. In case anybody wants the script, just let me
know.

-- João