[Slackbuilds-users] transcode SlackBuild

Heinz Wiesinger pprkut at liwjatan.at
Tue Dec 23 20:39:58 UTC 2008

Dave wrote:
> I noticed that the SlackBuild for transcode (1.0.7) recently appeared
> for Slackware 12.2, but with one of its configure options removed
> (--enable-imagemagick), and was wondering if anyone thinks a mention
> of this change is warranted in transcode's README file.

No. At least I'm not. It's documented in the SlackBuild after all.

> Also, I was able to build transcode with --enable-imagemagick
> by following some advice found on a Gentoo wiki:
> cd /usr/lib
> ln -s libMagickCore.so.1.0.0 libMagick.so
>
> Seems to be functioning normally as
> preview images are now visible in dvd::rip.

Hmm, I don't think this is (generally) a good idea.

I have tried a patch available from gentoo regarding imagemagick and it did
not work for me. However, transcode-1.1.0 is already in rc-state and it
should be fixed there.

Grs,
Heinz