[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20081224

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Fri Dec 26 06:38:30 UTC 2008

CC'ing hdapsd upstream, just in case; all responders, please keep the
CC list intact.   I'll whitelist hdapsd upstream in Mailman.

On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 00:10:06 -0600
Robby Workman <rw at rlworkman.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 00:01:13 -0600
> "Antonio Hernández Blas" <hba.nihilismus at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > 2008/12/25 alkos333 <me at alkos333.net>:
> > > "ps -ef | grep hdapsd"    will show you if the daemon is running.
> >
> > root      7536 27364  0 23:56 pts/1    00:00:00 grep hdapsd
> >
> > > However, the message indicates that the udev rule didn't create
> > > /dev/input/hdaps/accelerometer-event
> > > Did you run  "udevadm trigger"?  I know Slackware runs it by
> > > default.
> >
> > No cause i rebooted my system. According with README.SLACKWARE is
> > just if you want to make use of hdaps without rebooting, but not in
> > my case :)
> >
> > Anyway, i stoped hdapsd, execute "udevadm trigger" and start hdapsd
> > but still the same message.
> >
> > > What does   "ls -l /dev/input/hdaps/accelerometer-event"
> > > return?
> >
> > /bin/ls: cannot access /dev/input/hdaps/accelerometer-event: No such
> > file or directory

After conferring on IRC, hba sends this:

# udevadm info --attribute-walk
--path /sys/devices/platform/hdaps/input/input11

Udevinfo starts with the device specified by the devpath and then
walks up the chain of parent devices. It prints for every device
found, all possible attributes in the udev rules key format.
A rule to match, can be composed by the attributes of the device
and the attributes from one single parent device.

  looking at device '/devices/platform/hdaps/input/input11':
    KERNEL=="input11"
    SUBSYSTEM=="input"
    DRIVER==""
    ATTR{name}=="hdaps"
    ATTR{phys}=="isa1600/input0"
    ATTR{uniq}==""
    ATTR{modalias}=="input:b0010v0000p0000e0000-e0,3,kra0,1,mlsfw"

  looking at parent device '/devices/platform/hdaps':
    KERNELS=="hdaps"
    SUBSYSTEMS=="platform"
    DRIVERS==""
    ATTRS{modalias}=="platform:hdaps"
    ATTRS{position}=="(0,-3)"
    ATTRS{variance}=="(0,0)"
    ATTRS{temp1}=="0"
    ATTRS{temp2}=="0"
    ATTRS{keyboard_activity}=="0"
    ATTRS{mouse_activity}=="0"
    ATTRS{calibrate}=="(0,-3)"
    ATTRS{invert}=="1"

  looking at parent device '/devices/platform':
    KERNELS=="platform"
    SUBSYSTEMS==""
    DRIVERS==""

Perhaps some of this information is only available in newer kernels
(this is on 2.6.27.x in Slackware 12.2), and maybe there's a reason for
the more fine-grained checking, but it looks like this could work:

KERNELS=="hdaps", \
  ATTRS{modalias}==platform:hdaps", \
  ATTR{name}=="hdaps", \
  SYMLINK+=""input/hdaps/accelerometer-event"

However, I want to see the udevinfo output from alkos333's system too.

-RW