[Slackbuilds-users] hdaps [was Updates ...]

alkos333 me at alkos333.net
Sun Dec 28 16:39:59 UTC 2008

On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 5:46 AM, Evgeni Golov <sargentd at die-welt.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 23:34:24 -0600 Robby Workman wrote:
>
>> > Uh, 2.6.27.x should be more then enough.
>> > Which version of tp_smapi do you have installed (the event interface
>> > only works with that)?
>>

>> Not having the hardware to test this myself, we (and specifically I)
>> missed the need for tp_smapi in order to use hdaps.  We're working on a
>> remedy for that, so thanks for the cluebat.
>
> Well, you don't *need* tp-smapi to run hdapsd.
> But without you won't be able to use the event interface (which the
> udev-rule maps) and maybe miss some hardware on which you *could* run
> hdapsd (the in-kernel hdaps driver is somewhat ... borked in case of
> understanding hardware).
>
> Regards
> Evgeni
>
> --
> Bruce Schneier Fact Number 410
> Bruce Schneier's name is an anagram of "secure crib hen".

I apologize. This is definitely my fault.  I've always created a
tp_smapi patch against the kernel I wanted to run it with and just
patched the kernel directly.  There's also a way to run it as a
module, so I guess creating a package for that would definitely work.
I guess I'll start working on that.

--

Rodney Dangerfield  - "The way my luck is running, if I was a
politician I would be honest."