[Slackbuilds-users] Firefox gnash (flash) plugin

Robby Workman rw at rlworkman.net
Mon Dec 29 09:29:26 UTC 2008

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 21:02:20 +0100 (CET)
Menno Duursma <druiloor at zonnet.nl> wrote:

> I just submitted a build for Gnash (GNU Flash),
> whowever as in the following link is missing:
>
> root at pc:/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins# ln -s lib/libgnashplugin.so
> libgnashplugin.so
>
> It might be a good idee to check if the Macromedia version
> is alreay installed, and skip creating this if it is.
>
> However as it is now, it will not be used at all ...
> Sorry 'bout that one; please remove (as is it doesn't seem
> to be workig very well for me ATM anyway.)

Just to make sure I understand -- you want to remove gnash from pending
completely?

If so, I can't say that I blame you.  I worked up a build for it
*several* months ago (shortly after 12.1 was out, iirc), and I didn't
have good results with it either.  From a packaging standpoint, it
built fine, but functionally, it was a disaster.

-RW