[Slackbuilds-users] moria slackbuild

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Mon Feb 4 05:40:06 UTC 2008

Bradley Reed wrote:
> As I was browsing the slackbuilds, I saw that the build for moria was a
> repackaging of Debian's binary. The slackbuild page had the comment:
>
> NOTE: despite the package name, this is actually UMORIA 5.5.2.
> Also, this is a repackaging of Debian's binary, as the original source
> seems to be impossible to find.
>
> I had no problems finding links to the source at
> http://packages.debian.org/sarge/moria
>
> specifically:
> http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/non-free/m/moria/moria_5.5.2.orig.tar.gz
>
> If you don't want the debian source, there seems to still be an old
> copy at:
>
> ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/unix/games/moria/source/um5.5.2.tar.Z
>
> Thanks much for the slackbuilds!
>
> Brad
>
> p.s. I'm not currently subscribed to the list, so cc: me if you wish a
> reply.

Bradley:

Sorry for the delay on responding to this; I guess my present method
of bug accounting and such (leaving mails marked unread) has some bugs
itself  ;-)

Anyway, there was some discussion about using the actual Moria sources
(after someone else found them) back a long time ago, but I'm unable
to find the discussion.  As such, I don't remember the reasons for it,
but whatever they were, it was decided to keep the Debian repackaging.

That being said, if you (or someone else) wants to play around with it
and use the original sources, that's certainly fine - we'd love to get
a revised submission to do that.

Thanks,
-RW