[Slackbuilds-users] pre-mature post..ulation of wxX11

Erik Hanson erik at slackbuilds.org
Thu Feb 7 11:38:41 UTC 2008

On Feb 07, 2008, at  8:56 AM, Heinz Wiesinger wrote:

> On another note, the link specified in the info-file does not work. I had a
> look on the website and found out, that the download links are generated at
> random. The Sourceforge project site just tells to go to the website and
> download there. I couldn't find a source package via google as well. So you
> probably should also think about solving that problem.

Truecrypt requires you agree to their license before you can download their
software (compiled or not). This is because there are export laws in the US
concerning encryption. It would be in poor taste (and probably a mistake) for
us to circumvent those measures.

It's still possible for us to host a SlackBuild, but the README will have to
note that the user will be required to visit the website and agree to the
license to get the source.

--
Erik Hanson
http://slackbuilds.org/