[Slackbuilds-users] Problems with some slackbuilds

Heinz Wiesinger HMWiesinger at gmx.at
Tue Feb 12 15:46:19 UTC 2008

Robby Workman wrote:
> > Also the download link for QtCurve-Gtk2 has changed - it now downloads
> > version 0.55.3 instead of 0.55.2
>
> That's expected. The QtCurve guys don't leave older versions on the
> site, so our links break as soon as they release an update.
> They release updates pretty frequently, and it's a waste of our time
> to update the scripts with a simple VERSION bump every week or so;
> therefore, we leave that to the users.  We'll push an update every
> now and then, especially if the new release requires more than a
> simple VERSION increment, but don't expect us to follow upstream
> development on projects with insane release cycles.

There are two versions of QtCurve in SBo's repository. The Gtk2 and the KDE3
version. The Gtk2 download link points to kde-look.org, whereas the one for
the KDE3 version points to another site.
Now I just tested and found the other link to be working for the Gtk2 version
as well. This would be:
http://home.freeuk.com/cpdrummond/QtCurve-Gtk2-0.55.2.tar.bz2

0.55.1 is still there too, so I guess they stay there a bit longer :).

Grs,
Heinz Wiesinger