[Slackbuilds-users] error compiling lablgtk on Slack 11 using SlackBuild from slackbuilds.org

Matt Hayes slackbuilds at slackadelic.com
Fri Feb 22 19:10:59 UTC 2008

Brian Carey wrote:
> Matt Hayes wrote:
>> Brian Carey wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> This is my first post to this mailing list, so let me begin by saying
>>> thank you very much for this wonderful resource. When installing
>>> programs, this is always my first stop, because the quality is so high.
>>> This is actually the first time I remember ever having a problem with a
>>> slackbuild from slackbuilds.org.
>>>
>>> So anyway, this is what I get:
>>>

>>> ocamlc.opt   -w s -c gtkThInit.ml
>>> ocamlmktop  -thread  -o lablgtktop unix.cma threads.cma  \
>>>            -I . lablgtk.cma lablglade.cma lablgnomecanvas.cma lablgnomeui.cma lablpanel.cma lablrsvg.cma lablgtkspell.cma gtkThread.cmo
>>> Error on dynamically loaded library: ./dlllablgtk2.so: undefined symbol: gtk_minor_version
>>> make[1]: *** [lablgtktop] Error 2
>>> make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/SBo/lablgtk-2.6.0/src'
>>> make: *** [world] Error 2
>>>

>>> Can anyone help me out on this one?
>>>

>> What version of gtk are you running?
>>
>> -Matt
>>
>> Please read the FAQ - http://slackbuilds.org/faq/
>>

> 2.10.9, the build is from droplinegnome.
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

That may be where your issues is.  Keep in mind that these Slackbuilds
are built on vanilla Slackware 11.0/12.0 systems with no extra libraries
or anything else 3rd party added in.  The goal is that anyone with a
fresh install of Slackware can take these scripts and run with them with
  no issues.

I would say try the build script on a system without Dropline or remove
Dropline.. however.. that could be a PITA removing Dropline.

Good luck.

-Matt