[Slackbuilds-users] lyx_qt4 depends on libaudio?

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Sun Jul 6 23:41:41 UTC 2008

Josiah Boothby wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Using SBo's qt4 and lyx_qt4 on Slackware 12.1, I get the following
> error when trying to run lyx:
>
> lyx: error while loading shared libraries: libaudio.so.2: cannot open
>
> Looking around on the internet has indicated that libaudio.so.2 would
> be provided by NAS (which is not distributed by Slackware, and doesn't
> appear to be on SBo). This does not appear to be a problem with the
> other qt4 programs I've tried to run (e.g., qtconfig).
>
> Is there something I'm missing?

Yep - libaudio.so.2   ;-)

On a more serious note, it looks like you either:
   a) used to have libaudio installed, and compiled something [1] that
      links it.
      [1] that something is apparently being linked by either qt or
          lyx (almost surely lyx), and then that something in turn
          is trying to find everything it links to.
   b) have a package installed from somewhere that wants libaudio, and
      lyx is linking to something in that package, which in turn wants
      libaudio.

As you can see, it's essentially the same thing in either a or b.

-RW