[Slackbuilds-users] Slackbuild for nagios 3.x

Greg Martin gmartin at gmartin.org
Wed Jul 9 14:43:40 UTC 2008

I have been using a slackbuild script to compile nagios 2.x for a couple
years.  The script was written by Stefano Stabellini.  Now that 3.x is
available, I thought it would be a good idea to review the script and
update it for 3.x.  As I've only hacked through a couple of these, I
seek some wise counsel before I change too much.

My big question is around the directory layout.  Nagios has several
moving parts and I want to ensure the install locations are normalized
for Slackware.

Here are the pieces and the directory from the current script
main nagios exe - /usr/bin
cgi exes - /usr/libexec/nagios
web interface root - /usr/share/nagios
run file - /var/lib/nagios
config dir - /etc/nagios

Additionally, there is a separate package of nagios plugins
plugins - /usr/libexec/nagios

Looking over the guidance for writing scripts at slackwiki.org, I was
considering the following layout and would like any comments you might have.

main nagios exe - /usr/bin
cgi exes - /usr/local/nagios/cgi
web interface root - /usr/local/nagios
run file - /var/nagios