[Slackbuilds-users] Fwd: bug on openbox package

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Wed Jul 16 01:24:21 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 1:47 AM, Phillip Warner <pc_warner at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Attached is the diff for the slackBuild.  xinitrc.openbox-session (not shown in the diff) is the same as the old xinitrc.openbox file.
>
> I tested the new script and everything seems to work great.  You can easily see the difference between running openbox and openbox-session on a default profile because with the later the autostart file causes the background to change (the other will just leave the root image the same as in the KDM screen).
>
> It also might be a good idea to add better config file support in the doinst.sh file for the files under /etc/xdg/openbox.  That way upgrading openbox won't necessarily overwrite your default menu and autostart.sh file.  They will create .new files instead.  There are plenty of examples of this in other slackBuild scripts.

Okay, I've installed a minimal KDE and KDM and tested this out and it
seems to be working great.  I've logged in to both openbox and
openbox-session from the KDM sessions menu, and when using
openbox-session the autostart.sh file is executed correctly.  The
links in /usr/share/apps/kdm/sessions are there and overall it's looks
great.  Thanks again for doing the heavy lifting, Phil.

I'll package this up and submit it to SBo.  Again, sorry for the delays.

--
Chess Griffin
GPG Public Key: 0x0C7558C3