[Slackbuilds-users] blobandconquer exit segfault

nospam me nonoobspam at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 04:28:32 UTC 2008

Greetings All :D

I noticed that in dmesg after playing blobandconquer that the game segfaults.

In my half-slow and half-fast (pronounce that it sounds better :-D ) I
decided to try and bump up the version of the game and modified the
script accordingly to see if that would fix it but it does not.

As I'm not a dev (nor play one on tv) I turned to ye ole' google and
found that redhat has a patch to fix this, and was wondering if
someone on the list might be able to make this patch for the
buildscript at SBo?

Here is a link to what redhat does:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-commits/2007-December/msg07069.html

As a side note, the newer version of the game if bumped up does need
in the buildscript to set the correct perm's:
chmod 0644 $PKG/usr/share/games/blobAndConquer/data/gameDefs/defines.h
chmod 0644 $PKG/usr/share/games/blobAndConquer/gfx/cutscenes/mission13Start.jpg
chmod 0644 $PKG/usr/share/games/blobAndConquer/gfx/rw2/*

Thanks in advance for any help, advise, etc.