[Slackbuilds-users] Fwd: bug on openbox package

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Mon Jun 23 22:03:08 UTC 2008

Please preserve CC list.

Bruno Queiros wrote:

> I've been dealing a long time with a minor on openbox package, the
> openbox install ok, but it doesn't create the openbox config files on
> the user's home, and most important it doesn't use the autostart.sh
> feature, witch is needed to launch certain programs. So after a few
> reading, (i'm using the kdm login manager) i found out that to properly
> use openbox, it must be launch with openbox-session and not openbox,
> altough both will work, the openbox will not use autostart.sh. In your
> package after installing, it does create the file in
> /usr/share/apps/kdm/sessions/openbox.desktop  but it launches the
> openbox (exec=openbox and tryecec=openbox) while it should be
> exec=/usr/bin/openbox-session and tryexec=/usr/bin/openbox-session.
> So if you could fix (i think it's your slackbuild file) it would be great

Thanks for the report.  I'm CC'ing Chess Griffin on this, as I believe
this is one of his scripts, actually.  I know he's in the middle of
some major personal business right now, so there might be a slight
delay on any action though.

> By the way is there a way to make a slackbuild that would compile a
> package for openoffice.org-"some country language".tgz? I mean
> installing an user interface for openoffice in other language then english?

This one is mine for sure, but I thought the script already supported
building another language tarball.  Am I incorrect? :/

-RW