[Slackbuilds-users] wifi-radar.conf need better perms

Phillip Warner pc_warner at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 12 16:17:08 EDT 2008

Robby Workman wrote:

Agreed; I'll handle that in the next update.

> Seeing as how some people may have already used this slackBuild without
> fixing the perms, the easiest way to fix this would probably be to add a
> 'chmod go-r /etc/wifi-radar/wifi-radar.conf*' at the end of doinst.sh.
> That way, even if the user did not change their config we can be sure
> the perms are right.

Well, I'm not sure that's the right approach - there may very well be
some cases where the admin has assigned group permissions to be
readable or even writable, and we don't want to blow that away.
That being said, it is somewhat of a corner case, and I guess that,
all things considered, it's probably better for the admin to have to
reset those permissions than to have compromised private key.

-RW

When it is updated could you also add keywords so that someone searching for "wifi radar" could find it easily.  I imagine some people would not realize slackBuilds.org has it if they forget the hyphen in the name or chose not to search for simply "wifi".

Perhaps, as a compromise, the solution for this slackBuild would be to add an option that would allow the perms to be left alone (say NOFIXPERMS=true ./wifi-radar.SlackBuild).  If the option was not specified or not set to true then the slackBuild would cat the appropriate line into the doinst.sh in order to fix the perms.  Some note about this should be added to the README.

--phil