[Slackbuilds-users] for testing - 'sbopkg' tool

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Mon Mar 24 13:50:12 EDT 2008

Robby Workman wrote:
> Hmmm...
>
> Perhaps something along these lines...
>
> # Probably pull this from the config file instead, but you get the
> # idea :)    Also, /var is probably a bad place to put this, but
> # maybe a sane default ??
> SRC_DIR=${SRC_DIR:-/var/cache/sbopkg}
>
> When getting ready to build the package, do something like this:
>
> if [ ! -e $CWD/$SRCTARBALL ]; then   # maybe check md5sum here too?
>   if [ -e $SRC_DIR/$SRCTARBALL ]; then
>     ln -s $SRC_DIR/$SRCTARBALL $CWD/$SRCTARBALL
>   else
>     cd $SRC_DIR ; wget $DOWNLOAD ; cd -
>   fi
> fi
>
> That's ugly, but maybe gets the point across.  Perhaps wrap that in a
> while loop would be better too.  Anyway, the symlink to the source
> cache would be IMHO better than a copy or move of the actual source
> tarball...
>
> -RW

Yep, something along those lines would work well, I think.  Good idea on
the symlink too.  I'm going to start working on adding this right away
because Alan's point about using --delete is well taken.  I need to add
that in to keep the local copy a true mirror.  Then, I can consider how
to implement local changes to the SlackBuild that don't get clobbered.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far.  I really appreciate the feedback.

--
Chess Griffin
GPG Key:  0x0C7558C3