[Slackbuilds-users] Problem with OO.o Script

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Sun Mar 30 18:03:09 EDT 2008

Rich Shepard wrote:
>   Just for the heck of it I decided to try building a Slackware package for
> OO.o-2.4.0 using the script in the repository and the linux/English
> download
> of the tarball.
>
>   The script bails in the first lines:
>
> [root at salmo /opt/src/slackbuilds/openoffice.org]# sh
> openoffice.org.SlackBuild tar:
> /opt/src/slackbuilds/openoffice.org/OOo_2.4.0_LinuxIntel_install_en-US.tar.gz:
>
> Cannot open: No such file or directory
> tar: Child returned status 2
> tar:
> /opt/src/slackbuilds/openoffice.org/OOo_2.4.0_LinuxIntel_install_en-US.tar.gz:
>
> Cannot open: No such file or directory
>
>   The contents of the directory are:
>
> [root at salmo /opt/src/slackbuilds/openoffice.org]# ls
> OOo_2.4.0_LinuxIntel_install_wJRE_en-US.tar.gz  openoffice.org.SlackBuild*
> README                                          openoffice.org.info
> desktop-file-fix-2.4.0.diff                     slack-desc
> doinst.sh
>
>   I wonder if there's supposed to be the 'z' flag on the tar command, line
> 80 of openoffice.org.Slackbuild?

No, that's not it at all.

The error indicates clearly that the script is looking for a file
named "OOo_2.4.0_LinuxIntel_install_en-US.tar.gz" but you have
provided a file named "OOo_2.4.0_LinuxIntel_install_wJRE_en-US.tar.gz"
instead.  This is wrong.  It's also not needed - there is no reason
to get the one with JRE bundled in, as Slackware ships jre in the l/
series.

Use the link provided on the OOo page at SlackBuilds.org, or use the
DOWNLOAD value in openoffice.org.info - that's why it's there.

-RW