[Slackbuilds-users] A script for automated downloads, builds and installs of Slackbuilds

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Thu May 8 15:07:13 UTC 2008

Bob Lounsbury wrote:
> On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 8:20 AM, Cherife Li <cherife at dotimes.com> wrote:
>> On 2008-5-8 21:56, Antoine NONYME wrote:
>>> Hello Slackbuilds users :
>>> I have made a script that downloads, builds and installs automagically
>>> SlackBuilds .
>
> Have you seen http://code.google.com/p/sbopkg/? It's an ncurses bases
> tool that already does this.
>
> Cheers,
> /Bob

Which also works from the command line only.  You can build a package
like this:

# sbopkg -b icewm

You can search for packages:

# sbopkg -q ice

will grep for 'ice' and return a list of matches in category/name format.

If you know the full name, you can use -s and it will then show all the
related files, like the README, *.info, SlackBuild, etc:

# sbopkg -s icewm

There are lots of command line options, which can be checked out with:

# sbopkg -h

-Chess

--
Chess Griffin