[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20080514

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Wed May 14 18:34:17 UTC 2008

Wed May 14 18:29:32 UTC 2008
accessibility/jpilot: Added - J-Pilot is a desktop organizer application for
  PalmOS devices.  Thanks to Alex Lysenka.  --rworkman
audio/faac: Made libmp4v2 an optional dependency to work around conflicts if
  the embedded library is used (don't use it).  Thanks to Heinz Wiesinger for
  pointing out the problem and to Antonio Hern�ndez Blas for fixing the build
  script.  If there are still problems with this approach, blame me, because
  I implemented it a bit differently than the maintainer suggested. --rworkman
desktop/awesome: Added - awesome is a floating and tiling window manager
  initially based on a rewrite of dwm.  Thanks to Chess Griffin.  --rworkman
graphics/fontforge: Updated for version 20080429.
  Thanks to Robby Workman. --David Somero
libraries/confuse: Renamed from libconfuse to eliminate confusion about the
  upstream name and what we were calling it; no pun intended.  ;-)  --rworkman
libraries/gstreamer: Added - gstreamer is a library that allows the construction
  of graphs of media-handling components, ranging from simple Ogg/Vorbis playback
  to complex audio (mixing) and video (non-linear editing) processing.
libraries/libconfuse: Removed; renamed to confuse.  --rworkman
libraries/liboil: Added - liboil is a library of simple functions that are
  optimized for various CPUs. Thanks to Michiel van Wessem  --David Somero
multimedia/gst-plugins-bad: Added - gst-plugins-bad are gstreamer plug-ins that
  aren't up to par compared to the rest.
multimedia/gst-plugins-base: Added - gst-plugins-base are gstreamer plug-ins
  that are well-groomed and well-maintained.
multimedia/gst-plugins-good: Added - gst-plugins-good are gstreamer plug-ins
  that the developers consider to have good quality code.
multimedia/gst-plugins-ugly: Added - gst-plugins-ugly are gstreamer plug-ins
  that have good quality and correct functionality, but distributing them might
  pose problems.  Thanks to Michiel van Wessem for gstreamer. --David Somero
multimedia/Songbird: Added - Songbird is a desktop media player.
 Thanks to Michiel van Wessem. --David Somero
network/skype: Added skype (version 2.0.0.68) to the repository.
  Thanks to Mauro Giachero, our new maintainer for skype.  --rworkman
network/suphp: Updated for version 0.6.3.  This update fixes a privilege
  escalation security flaw.  See the CVE entry for more details:
  http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2008-1614
  Thanks to Menno Duursma.  --rworkman
system/fglrx-driver: Added - this builds a standard Slackware package of the
  proprietary driver from ATI.  I don't have the hardware to confirm that
  this works correctly, but it looks right :-)
  Thanks to Antonio Hern�ndez Blas.  --rworkman
system/fglrx-module: Added - this builds the kernel module required by the
  proprietary ATI driver.  Same disclaimer and credit as above.  --rworkman
system/htop: Updated for version 0.8.
  Thanks to Michiel van Wessem. --David Somero
system/rkhunter: Added - rkhunter is a security monitoring and analyzing tool.
  Thanks to Michael Johnson. --David Somero
system/wine: Updated for version 1.0rc1.
  Thanks to Robby Workman. --David Somero
system/xbindkeys: Updated for version 1.8.2.
  Thanks to Erik Hanson. --David Somero